Thread: Camoa - An atlas of an island

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow, a great and very ambitious idea! I have always wanted to do something similar while creating imaginary worlds, never gotten far unfortunately...

You might include drawings and information on the local fauna too, I think it would be very interesting. You are right about the scale. The smaller square looks more credible since on the tip of that peninsula you have drawn actual buildings... That is one of the reasons why this project is so ambitious! You don't have to map every corner of your island with such great detail though, it would make the whole project more doable...

EDIT: After thinking about it more, I decided that I am not sure if that smaller square you have mapped in more detail (assuming it is that square you have mapped) is up to scale with the rest of Camoa. It is difficult to imagine the size of rivers and mountains, if that tip of the peninsula is so small that a tiny village takes up its whole width... I would suggest you to decide on the scale of the whole island first before doing more detailed maps of it. It would make your work easier and more consistent.
    Last edited by Lyandra; 06-27-2012 at 05:39 PM.