Thread: [WIP] New Arden Map 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    The new set of mountains i done were actually harder-edged... i used a few but they looked different-enough that i decided against using them too much.

A step-by-step would be nice
    Actually I was referring to the shadowside of your mountains, they are looking a lot softer/difuse than my hardedge lines in the shadows. I guess my english-skills did mixed the message up. I think I use them more in a painterly style than you, filling a lot of the map with mountains, icons, symbols and so on. Well perhaps more collage/Puzzle than painting. But I slowly want to get into color rendering of maps.

A Step-by_Step would be simply how I build up a system of Brushes, about the different angles of the endings and how to number the variations to have a decent set.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Actually I was referring to the shadowside of your mountains, they are looking a lot softer/difuse than my hardedge lines in the shadows. I guess my english-skills did mixed the message up.
    No I got you, I meant just that - the scan of my new set of mountains ended up with a lot sharper/blockier shading which didn't fit in, but I think I'm still looking for my 'style'. Seems pike you've found yours