Correct me if I'm mistaken, but aren't rhumb lines an aid to navigation specific to one destination ? I.e. the bearings you have to set to arrive near Biell ... which won't have any practical use if one is navigating the big lake 200 milia NNE of there. So I'd lose the inland rhumbs, as well as any that are nothing but short crossbars on a long estuary. Same with the circles - the sea distance from Biell kind of loses its meaning among the islands off the coast to the north - why bother continuing the Biell concentric circles up there? That's speaking strictly as though I were a real period cartographer -- because if the sole purpose is art or illustration rather than travel, all the systems of lines do look pretty !

The slightly-approximate tinting is wonderful - such no doubt would be hand-done, and not perfectly registered.

I think the city icons are great. They fit the whole very-handdrawn vibe. Some of the labels though... think about how Sr. Manuel Cartographer made this. If it's a one-off, how'd he erase the neat halo around, say, Frotera? Or if he had the forethought to lay it ALL out before starting to ink, I bet he wouldn't have bothered to draw slivers of hill, or by Aolovi a sliver of tree. If I was hand-inking Frotera's label, I'd probably leave the hills alone, and use the clear space to its NW. Mind you, that is no solution for places like the city across the bay from Onas :-(.

How do you keep the concentric coastal wave lines so nice and slightly irregular? We see so many "hand-drawn" maps with what looks like machine-drawn geometrically perfect wave lines.

By the way, Apprentice Cartographer Lucio reports the twitch he developed while engraving all those midocean waves is almost gone, and he should be able to return to work in a fortnight or so. He apologizes for throwing the ripple-edge T-square through your window, and can he please have some of the pay you've withheld to pay for the glass? If he starves, you'll have to break in a new minion.