Thread: Hyberga

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Looks much better up close than as a thumbnail. I think three sets of radial lines in the water are a bit much though. I do like the way the color gradient on the trees works. It gives a sense of different trees suiting different climates.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine_Harmonium View Post
    Looks much better up close than as a thumbnail. I think three sets of radial lines in the water are a bit much though. I do like the way the color gradient on the trees works. It gives a sense of different trees suiting different climates.
    Thank you. Actually I have placed four sets of lines, not three. I'm aware that it looks somewhat crowded, but I want to keep the map potentially useful for a domestic seafarer (not very probable I guess )
    I'm happy the gradient on the trees works as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    I'm aware that it looks somewhat crowded, but I want to keep the map potentially useful for a domestic seafarer (not very probable I guess )
    A very nice map. =)

There's one big thing that bugs me and it's in both versions. Your background paper texture is too 'splotchy', and too evenly splotchy. It's adding to the crowded appearance. I would love to see what your map looks like on a plain background, or at least more plain.

That's an interesting color scheme, I like it for the most part (the red mountains and hills look a little weird, where you've actually changed the line color). I had a great time looking at all the different city icons, I love when people use a variety... and so pretty, too. I'd not want to live in those mountains, though; they look menacing... except for the mesas. I'm just itching to draw some giant trees on top of them. =) Don't mind me.

I do have to agree with jbgibson about the label placement. I'd move them onto the bare areas so they don't overlap the mountains and rivers, etc.
    Last edited by Chashio; 07-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram