Thread: *** May Super Challenge - Minimalist for Virtual Tabletop - WITH PRIZES!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

GP is spot on. Now I haven't used RPG Tonight's VT so I can't vouch for its capabilities, but I would recommend that you at least check it out since they are sponsoring this.

I can speak for MapTool, Battlegrounds and OpenRPG though. They all have the ability to add grids, text, and objects that PCs are likely to move or destroy so keep that in mind as you create the map.

GP, has posted some of his maps at the MapTools forums under User Creations so if you want to see what you are likely up against you might want to check those out.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Post Speaking only for Fantasy Grounds

Graphic grids actually interfere with the use of the map.

A grid that is drawn by the application is an active thing. Place a token in the generated grid and the computer can determine its facing, opponents and help you with distance moved. If there is a second grid as part of the map it clutters the view and confuses people.

For FG at least, dont put a grid on it, or release two versions.

Sigurd