Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update 4: Now we begin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlwHE.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	46462

I have a background now, though I doubt I'll keep that one. It looks kind of shabby. The drum skin idea is great, I think I'll try it. I did the rivers again. They match the ocean in color, and taper at the start, but they're not done yet. I'll probably do the final rivers toward the end of the map. Next, I'm going to start drawing some icons on paper. Hopefully, I'll be able to make them into brushes. The mountains will be first. This part is going to take a while.

Update 5: What happened over the weeks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QtFhL.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	576.3 KB 
ID:	46988

I did quite a bit over the last few weeks. First of all, I decided the landmass looked better flipped sideways. Once I did that though, the mountain ranges looked weird, so I drew some new ones. Then I drew each individual mountain, which took a long time. I couldn't figure out how to make them into a brush, but that can wait. The rivers were redrawn after the mountains. I was going to use the same forest locations, but I really wanted one, large forest in the east, so I ended up redoing the forests as well. I figured they would look nice if I colored them, and, for once, I like how they came out. I usually don't like my forests. Only one thing is bugging me. The region shown here is about the size of Australia. Do you think that it needs more rivers, given the size?