Thread: July 2012 challenge entry: The Isle of Aedenis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I also like the overall look of this, but the eye is tricked into thinking the green is above the parchment by the coastline shading. More of a blue-green to indicate it is water might help. If you are planning on adding landmarks, mountains, forests & rivers, that should help also.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    If the green is the land - fine, otherwise it looks to me like a bar of corroded copper lying on top of a piece of parchment, which - come to think of it - strikes me as a good idea for a map
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I also like the overall look of this, but the eye is tricked into thinking the green is above the parchment by the coastline shading. More of a blue-green to indicate it is water might help. If you are planning on adding landmarks, mountains, forests & rivers, that should help also.
    yeah looking at the green more i realise i need to tone it down and maybe try add some more definition to the land and tone down that stark land/sea border as it looks. wish i had more time to work on this, as it is i dont think ill manage to finish it.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

ok, so i wasnt at all happy withthe older version so i decided to change to base cloud map:

### latest wip ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cloud-computing-3.jpg 
Views:	1902 
Size:	647.3 KB 
ID:	46724

this is going to be an old-style 15-16th century-style map in the fashion of those made of my home-country of Malta. hope it works out better