Thread: Map of Midland, surrounding countries, and geography. From the Manga Berserk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow...awesome. Any chance you'll make a highresolution electronical map (Gimp or PS)?

You know, i always wanted to do a map for the berserk world as well. Or, in a perfect world, Miura would have given us one.
    I am very sad to hear about his europe response...i was afraid he would someday admit to that...and it destroys a lot of atmosphere for me What a cheap excuse, Mr. Miura

I always thought that the berserk world would make an awesome roleplaying setting. Not sure which rules i'd use but i really want to make up some characters and get playing. Now if i just had some players that are interested in such a thing ^^

Have some Rep.!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Thanks! and i wouldn't let Miura's response ruin Berserk for you, nor do i think its a cheap response. You see if you know anything about the Japanese there very... spiritual people, they don't really focus on the material things in life, and this especially comes through in their anime and Manga. The Japanese are more obsessed with the idea, theme, or the moral in their stories not so much where it takes place, or the geography. Miura probably never gave Europe a second other then that it was the setting for his manga, Miura's main concern is the story, and the overall moral-theme that he is pushing throughout Berserk. To me the atmosphere will always be there because i simply just choose to ignore his comment about Europe which i see as him just lazily answering a question about something he cares very little about, which isn't to say he doesn't care in general he just doesn't see geography has important to Berserk's theme.

Default Thank you!

I have been wanting to run a berserk game taking place immediately before the first eclipse forever. I am thinking of using D&d 5th Ed and forcing players to be humans without any overt magical abilities. Once the eclipse happens magic will start opening up SLOWLY to players and most likely warlocks (with plenty of behelits to go around of course). This map will help thank you again!