Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July 2012 challenge entry: Skyfall

Guild Member Facebook Connected Elothan's Avatar

Thank you guys
    Such things really make my day

Since I entered this contest mostly to learn PS, I have learned a lot, and most of it is what not to do:
    *Realize that drawing your own stuff takes time.. a lot of time, since I could not stop at the mountains to get a coherent feeling to the map. (The only thing that aren't mine is the city symbols)
    *I need to remember to draw upon the correct layer, especially since I use layer effects a lot (A lot of time wasted doing stuff over here)
    *Make my own brushes before starting stuff ( Here I could have saved myself a lot of work)
    *Found a way to color all trees at the same time, as filling each one by one is a bit boring.
    *And fastening the power cable to my PC better.. :p (Guess what happened...)

### latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testy 2.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	46853

Still a lot of things to do, and my free time is getting more scarce, but I still have a hope that I will be able to finnish this in time

Quote Originally Posted by Elothan View Post
    *And fastening the power cable to my PC better.. :p (Guess what happened...)
    haha Yeah, I know that one very well... my old laptop has a broken dc jack, so the connection is shifty. I don't use it very often. Map is looking good. =)
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Nice work, The color brings it out a lot. I like the border, it has a nice textured, slightly dimensional feel to it.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Elothan's Avatar

Sadly, it seems that I will have to leave the map as it is for now, even thou I fail to meet the deadline. I accidentely managed to hurt my hand/wrist somhow, andi need to let it rest for a few days
    Still gonna finnish it later, competition or not thou

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12