Thread: Digital map to .png or .jpg or .gif

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow. I must be even worse in file formats than i already thought. Awesome, thank you. I'm going to try it out and be sure to let you know how it worked out!

Blog Entries

Cool, yeah, post some piccies of the results !

It worked FABIOUSLY. This image just flushed through the software, very much unlike the oversized PNG's (540MB) i was using. Dude, you are a god in my book now. And all the data is in it, i very much like to know how you are able to put all of it in such a small file size... are there keywords i could search on google or do you know of tutorials and such? I can't believe all the data was in such a tiny file... Do you do this normally in a professional capacity?

Ontopic:
    I'm using it to make a world map for the game called Minecraft. Basicly i'm creating a 1:2000 scale world for it for players to plan on and build like replica's of their houses on. A wall block would be 2KM thick though so building can't be anywhere near scale, but it's fun to go build on your country ingame and battle with your neighbours and such. It's really a very populair indy game, you've probably heard of it because the succes -seen it's an indy game- did also spin some articles in mainstream media. I'm just making the map as a fan of the game, the community is awesome.

I have posted a topic on a game related website -without the bathymetric height differences- and almost 15.5k people have seen the topic (the ones who where measured, but you have to subscribe for it and be logged on to be counted, the actual amount of people who've seen it is probably more around 50~75k players) and i recieve a huge amount of comments that they already love it eventhough it's not even finished/published.

I'm not going to do any fancy stuff with it worth of showing off to the world. But you make a lot of people even happier now the sea has height differences to! I'm totally willing to credit you for the awesome work but you might get overrun by teenagers asking to convert a map for free, like me. Only difference i'm not a teenager xD I'll leave that call up to you.

Many, Many thanks again! This is totally awesome, the detail is WAY WAY better as i expected. Infinite internet credit points to you !