Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Ok result time:

View this
    http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/Topo/Topo_Small.png

Download this cos its 320Mb
    http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/Topo/Topo.png

Once you have downloaded it then ill remove it as its a bit of a burden on the ole web site space.

It should be a 16bit PNG and should have values in accordance with the values in the DEM file inc the "no data" value. I dont have much to view this as a 16bit greyscale PNG (Photoshop should be ok tho) and I would have used an HF2 but it does have all the sub sea bathymetry included. In fact looking at Africa is notably & surprisingly flat in some regions. The plains I guess.

This seems to be the Amazonian basin.

If you get stuck with the 16bpp then you can use Image magick to convert it. I used it to get it from my raw grey format to the 16 bit greyscale PNG so it does work. Its also free and mighty useful. I used my own tool to decode the file on the site tho.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 07-16-2012 at 05:18 PM.

i can see directly the andes and the sea next to it are nearly the same shade of color grey. This is impossible, i'm sorry to say but this won't work.

the edges of the rings are contrast with the supossedly higher area which lowers for a bit and poof it's high again. This wouldn't work. I appreciate the work, i really do, but this is not what i'm looking for, kind of bummed i have to say it.

But well, i need a solution for the problem and this isn't it so the topic isn't solved

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	srtm_ramp2.world.540x270.jpg 
Views:	1509 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	46619

In the picture above the himalaya and andes are clearly visible white, this means they are very high, ever so slightly the colors turn to black indicating it's lower. But the sea is used as bottom in this heightmap and doesn't account for the ocean floor. In the ETOPO1 they are both in the same image, but i can't use the color scheme. I have to proces it with software which only takes greyshades heightmaps. -it's non optional i use this software-

so i'm sorry to say that image won't work. I really appreciate the work you've put in, unfortunattely it's not what i'm looking for. i'm sorry to say.