Thread: What does "Collaborative" Mean?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Airith View Post

As for on topic, I think we need more organizations or at least ideas being thrown out. More collaboration would get this thing moving
    I personally believe that the maps are the way in here to the creative process, rather than vice versa. I dont think that reading about a cool organisation will inspire you to make a map any more than the process of mapping something will inspire you to conceive an organisation from the ideas that the map throws up for you. But either way will do if they get the creative wheels turning.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

The RPG city map generator is indeed rather spiffy. If nothing else it can give you a good starting point.

If you want to produce a city of your own design rather than a random one, you can still use the generator to produce large fields of buildings which you can cut and paste as need to fill your own city layouts. Just create a biggish city with a few roads, loasds of buildings and nothing else and you'll get lots of bits to play with. Takes a little longer than using a random city, but it's still much quicker than drawing it all individually.

After that of course you can hand draw any extras or special buildings that you want.

Hi. Collaboration is very cool, especially for me since the area I live in is almost completely devoid of people into this sort of thing. I would say I am a better writer than cartographer. I usually start my worlds with a quick short narrative, then go from there.
    Having said this, and not really believing my maps are up to par (compared to the high quality I have found on this forum) I would propose any maps I come up with most likely be used as a rough guideline for the more skilled amongst these forums.
    My two cents on collaborating.
    -P