Thread: Caleena WIP using Ascension's awsome atlas tutorial!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bit more done:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CelenaLg.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	47284
    Thanks for the input LonewandererD I have played with the glow on the icons a little to bring em out more, but I sort of agree with Arsheesh, I think I'm trying to let the map terrain stand forward and let all the twiddly info stay second to that. Although after comments from one of my players I did add a bit of glow to the place names to make them a bit more legible for game use!

And thanks too Lostatsea - I've also tried to thin out and taper the rivers better, the ahem 'stubby' look before is probably mostly down to me learning how to use my new Bamboo tablet properly rather than a deliberate intent for that look ...anyway, I think they look better now? (oh and tablets rock btw!! )

Still got to add some feature names (forests, mountain ranges, etc...) but I think it getting there. I do have one question though.. I've a swamp/marsh land bit in the lower left (the dark bit with the two rivers skirting it) but I was thinking should I have rivers running into it, then disappearing, to restart again on the far side of the marsh... or will that look daft? ...how have others dealt with it?
    Last edited by fifty; 08-06-2012 at 09:42 AM.