Thread: Hello to all who read!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Hello to all who read!

Hey everybody! I am a new member of this community, seeking aid in the realms of map making. It is something I have considered doing for a while, just because I love to create worlds in my mind, but have a very hard time visualizing it, and putting it onto paper. I hope that this site may help me get past this, and I can't wait to get started!

Welcome to the Guild Tyler, you have come to the right place. Check out the tutorials sections, you will find a host of walk-throgh's there to help you get started.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome !! Creating the world or town or building etc etc in your mind is the hard part. The rest is just technique and you can definitely learn that here.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

All the better Thanks you two. I think I'll get started with the mapping. Is there a place to put throw-aways up to be critiqued?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

We do not have "throw-aways" here at the Guild....just maps that are not finished...yet

We DO have a place for those unfinished maps though...It is called the WIP forums, as in Works In Progress. Here you can put up any map that you make, no matter its state of incompletion, for some helpful comments and critiques. We are a friendly and helpful group, so don't be shy about asking for any help.

Have fun and enjoy the new hobby
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Alright, very cool I'm excited to be a part of this. May be a while until I start posting maps, due to the large mixture of 'projects' I'm trying to pursue. And when I do, don't be shy in your critiques either. I want to hear the whole thing. You can't improve if you don't know that something needs to be in the first place! And that is the plan!