Thread: The Realm of Asmerath

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Looks good. I notice that right around the middle of the island, next to Valentair, it says "The Old Forst" instead of "Forest" Not sure if this is intentional, to give it a sense of whimsy, or if it's a typo.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine_Harmonium View Post
    Looks good. I notice that right around the middle of the island, next to Valentair, it says "The Old Forst" instead of "Forest" Not sure if this is intentional, to give it a sense of whimsy, or if it's a typo.
    Forst is an less used term for cultured Forest in German. I also did insert therms Walde or Wald which means literally Forest. And Felde which means Field. The Map is inhabited by Dutch/German, Psydo-Norrdics, and Spains which explains my weird names through Cultural and literal assimilations

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Forst is an less used term for cultured Forest in German. I also did insert therms Walde or Wald which means literally Forest. And Felde which means Field. The Map is inhabited by Dutch/German, Psydo-Norrdics, and Spains which explains my weird names through Cultural and literal assimilations
    I think the difference is that wald or walde is more obviously a different language term. Forst being so close to the English word, where a good amount of the map in is English, reads as a typo instead of a different word. But it was meant as a question, not a critique as such.