Quote Originally Posted by stevensj2 View Post
See that's the difficult part: The Wall is made of ice, so it would not make sense for a giant frozen wall 300 miles wide to be admist green, lush forest. The Wolfswood does continue up to and slightly beyond The Wall, but I think this area of the forest is likely to be quite snowy still - something like this, if it were real.

I think the snow in my WIP can definitely be lessened and spread out a bit, but I don't believe this area should be completely devoid of snow and ice, as depicted in Tear's map.
Well a wall made of ice is impossible anyways, I consider it something magical. Ice under pressure, even when it is not melting, has a plasticity over time that causes it to flow. So, the Wall wouldn't even have to melt with high temperatures, it would simply ooze downward over time.

Next to that if everything north of the wall would be permafrost how would there be still so many people living there and such dense forests.

Guess its not called fantasy for nothing aye?

Next to that there's are the extremely long seasons. Even Winterfell seems permafrost during the winter years.