Thread: Theory tutorial

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I think a glossary of terms for geography (tectonics etc) cartography (Rhumb lines, projections etc), software (histogram, resample, layers etc) and artistic (woodblock, textures, blends etc) with links to relevant tutorials would cover that quite well.

I'm not sure writing the "One tutorial to rule them all" approach is really the best way to deal with that tho. I think the issue is finding the existing tutorials rather than having a new one presented in a single doc format. A single glossary tho would be a good idea to branch from as the starting point. Maybe the one tutorial to rule them all could in very loose and broad terms talk about items in a very surface scratching way and then leave it to people to follow the index / glossary to more detailed tutorials.

Really, a wiki is ideal for this but we have had issues with spamming on the wiki we ran before on this site. I did the keyword index scraper for the site a long while back and the link is still in my sig but its way out of date. In any case we want something like that only with many many more keywords and also where the links from them are on their own page for each. We need a wiki with non public editing and a set of editors for it possibly elected by vote or by nomination with seconding from more than X number of people with a post count of greater than some number say 50 so that its resistant to spamming.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 08-01-2012 at 09:57 AM.