Thread: July/August 2011 Lite Challenge Entry: Glandred's Hollow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would guess that when you are flattening the image you are losing your layer effects. It is a real problem sometimes and other times It doesn't seem to have an effect. Trying putting a blank layer "BELOW" the mountain layer and then merge it down. That sometimes helps. Also if you are not flattening the image before "Saving as" to the jpeg you will lose all the layers effects. BE SURE to use "SAVE AS" and not "SAVE" then you can simply "UNDO" the image flattening and continue on with the editing progress. It is looking very good. Lets hope this lets you keep the layer effects as it looks much better that way.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Thanks Lostatsea...unfortunately that did not fix my problem. However it did give me some guidance in terms of what to scour the internet for. After lurking around for 2 hours, I finally found a forum entry on some random website which suggested that you try scaling down the image size. My image size was gigantic (4000 pixels x 3000 pixels). I reduced the image size to 1000 pixels x 800 pixels and now the export works properly. I guess i'll just chalk this one up to newbie error and remember to work with more manageable image dimensions from now on.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glandreds Hollow_v5.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	47341

I still consider this a WIP - so any suggestions on how I can improve this are welcome.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.