Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help with a map to role-playing with friends.

Blog Entries

Thanks Schwarzkreuz. I taken your mountains because they're very well done. Now, I'm searching for a tree model to make the forests.

Ilanthar, I repeat: if you want some information about whatever, you can tell me.
    Greetings.

Hi,

A new test on a part. I hope the coastline is close to what you wanted. I'm afraid I won't be able to do it with a higher resolution (too hard for my soft), but believe me, it should be quite ok when printed. Prints are almost never exactly like what you got on your screen anyhow, cause it really depends on your printer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rovendor v2_1.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	340.4 KB 
ID:	48059
    Since you're gonna put the names by yourself, I just need indications on cities and the forests (coniferous, mixed, jungles) & swamps. How would you like it to be? I guess you may want differents looks for humans, elves, etc.?
    And how do you want your roads? Dots, short lines, lines?
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 09-07-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Good, Ilanthar! I love it.

What a pity that you can not modify the resolution to the background has the same resolution as the mountains. Do you understand me? Well, no matter.

With regard to the cities: I would not want an "icon" to identify the cities, but rather a different point for each city (remember, it must be in "harmony" with the rest of the map. I mean, you do not put a fluorescent red dot, because on the map no such vivid colors).

I could point the forests. Soon I will paint in the original map, different forests (types of trees).
    Same for the swamps, forests and other natural environments you need (maybe I forget some places ... I'll try to remember all).

As for the roads: I'd like black spots and small (remember the above, the "harmony" with the rest of the map).

I think that's it. Thank you very much, Ilanthar, you are doing a very good job.
    Cheers and thanks again.

Blog Entries

Hi Ilanthar.
    I just finished the map with the forests. If you have any questions just tell me.

What a fool I am, I forgot to set the color of a tree. Well, the missing tree (similar to the color purple in the north) is called Larch.

One thing I forgot also: Are you going to paint the by their geography? ie, grasslands, steppes, etc., because if you will paint all with one color, not worth the geography of the map.

Greetings and thanks!
    Last edited by Facubaci; 09-10-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Hello Ilanthar.
    I want to know how you're going, you may need help with something ... just tell me

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for your map, it will be helpful. I am working slower because of my work, but I didn't forget your map.
    Do you want a different color for each forest? It's possible if you provide me the color you want (in rvb : see link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors).

I'm doing the mountains right now (I have to do each layer separately and in good order). I'll try to show you a result till the end of the week.

Blog Entries

Ilanthar...
    What's up? I hope you haven't forgotten the map...

Don't worry, I have not forgottent! I am just working slower because I have a job to care about.

I have finished the mountains and hope u like it. I'm gonna add the forests then, and need to know if u want different colors for each kind of trees? See the wikipedia link in my previous message.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rovendor v2.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	48560

The rivers are almost done and roads/cities are pretty quick to draw, so the biomes are the last part that will take some time.

So tell me for the colors, I'll do my best to finish your map in a "not so long" delay.

Blog Entries

Well done, Ilanthar!
    I like it so much!

I want say to you about the rivers ... I'd like more dark blue.
    Forests want them to be the same color (with different shape, some) but the same color (some may be darker (ebony, oak ... in the Dark Forest ...)).
    You can mark the cities with a point, and roads with small black points.

Thank you very much, Ilanthar. I think it will be awesome!

Hi Facubaci,

I have almost done all the forests and I think I may be able to do a final version before the end of the next week. I have a question about a forest I'm not sure about : is it a sequoia/larch forest in the top north?

Thanks for your patience...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast