Thread: The Red Epic update, Pro maps for Crafty games among others

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh, I forgot to ask, on the Mameland map, did you make custom brushes( am assuming you are using Photoshop or GIMP at least in part) for the trees, or did you make each tree by hand?

I like the forced perspective of this map. Did I say how much I like the Mameland map yet?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

hey there,

This is mostly photoshop work, though the parchment is actually tea-ed paper that is baked in an oven after i had beaten it up. The heat browns and stains the paper, and then i scanned that in. I did the line work for the coast and all that and scanned that in and photoshoped all of the color.

I have my own forest brushes that i have made, both for the trunks and the leaves and i vary them for variety. Custom brushes are the key to map-making i have found...

Thanks for your replies and input everyone!

Nice... a map with Trigrams...
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

What Have I been looking at crappy maps all my life or something, Every single map I have seen on this site has been beyond amazing, 80-90/100's. Jeez I'm going to have to step up my game here.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)