Alright so from these screenies I need an outline. I like the precision of the Maps picture but It's also too smooth, owing to the fact that the island is so small.

The Earth image will provide some naturalish jaggedness (scientific term I made up, mind you) as well as.... some other things. I like the chain of islands as it is, but it needs to be fantastic, so I will hand draw some smaller islands to complement the main landmass. Also, the small island of Ramsey, UK, is very flat. I will need to add mountains and stuff. I liked the shape of the island because it basically screams "Long mountain range thrust up from a fault line". I don't really like "circular" islands.

Anyway, rambling. So I came up with my outline in GIMP using the two screenies...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kurtau1.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	47360

...And printed it out. My goal here (or one of them) is to try my hand (pun intended) at some hand-drawn features and such. With pen, not with a GIMP brush or something. So I took the printout, drew a basic plan of my map, and also added some more islands. I took into account rainfall and weather patterns to decide on my water sources, mountains and forests. And voilà!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kurtau2.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	47361

I now have a basic plan for my map, as well as my new islands. Now, let's start the REAL work.