Thread: Looking for vector software that can handle complex paths.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes, I'm the Xara guru here, and yes, I swear by it. I've dabbled with other vector apps and the extra things it can do, the amazing status of not being a memory hog, the ease of point node editing, the number of Photoshop plug-ins that work with it - the list goes on and on. Look at any of the maps from my contest win 'badges' under my name/avatar, to any map posted by "gamerprinter" - you'll see I've got well over a hundred maps here, all produced in Xara. It's not only not a memory hog, but very fast to use - I prefer to work very fast, ask anyone.

I have a map thread on TalkGraphics.com which is the fan discussion site for Xara software - it's the most viewed thread on that site, if you want to most of my finished maps in one place.

I have a couple of low end tutorials on this site in the Tutorial section, but as Jax said, I'm very busy creating published material and many maps for my own publishing project, Kaidan - Japanese horror dark fantasy setting for Pathfinder. We even have a Kickstarter going on right now for the setting handbooks.

My primary mapping style, however, is a hybrid scanned hand-drawings, imported to Xara, and essentially finished in Xara with water color palatte, beveled shapes, drop shadows, use of transparency, photo image fills, object feathering, object slicing - all stacked to resemble terrain, enhanced with the hand-drawn lines to create a very unique style.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-18-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations