Thread: Aug/Sept 2012 Lite Challenge Entry: Lost City of Ubar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Actually, I think the buildings are only just a bit more defined than the area around the city, and work quite well. My biggest reservation is the vagueness of the hole itself. I would think that it would be quite distinct, unless the edges are where there is a continual cascade of sand...then I get the vague edge.

Nice work
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks...and yeah, the idea was to have more of a smooth hole rather than a crater (so sand is cascading in rather than stopping at the end of a rocky cliff). I will probably try to mess with it a bit more to try to get more of an appearance of a slope.

*Here's a version where I changed the shape of the hole to match the oasis from the before pic...not sure why I didn't do that in the first place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Destroyed Citty of Ubar_v2.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	47856
    Last edited by anomiecoalition; 08-28-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: added new pic
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.