Thread: Diorama/3d terrain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Hi Pat - Wooooowwweee its been a while since I seen you about here. Its really good to see you post again. I think I must have missed that first one and I almost missed this one except I thought - hang about, that name seems familiar...

Yeah I like your dioramas. I too haven't been mapping much for a while but I have been playing a lot of warhammer so have been making a few bits and pieces for a friends battle board. He have this very big Ork base to paint up soon - its all spikes and unstable platforms for them. Should be good. I think we had a monthly challenge a while back to map something using real modelling materials and real 3D stuff so its well in scope of the guild to do 3D dioramas. I like them anyway.

Good to see you about - stick around !

Hi Korash,

The Cavern of the underdark and den of evil expansion set are more reviews or critiques of products i use in my scenes. That's why i haven't shown a wide shot of the pieces. The Elminster Tower is the only real dioramas of the 3. And you're right, wide shots that show the everything is a must. I will put it in all my future scenes. Thanks for the comments. And the Tower is from a company called Pegasus Hobby. I wish i had the talent to make something so beautiful

And Redrobes, thanks for the warm welcome The thing is, i never left. I just didn't have really useful contribution to make to the community. My fingers are really hitching for mapping these days and i might just find the time hammer out some new maps soon. But this 3d stuff is so fun. I'm just having a ball with it. And the players at my table are digging it too.

Thanks again guyz

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com