Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: August / September 2012 Lite Challenge : First map, BlackWater world

Need to put (### LATEST WIP ###) in front of the pictures posted so that the thumbnail scrubber will pick it up and put it under the challenge thumbnails thread. I counted 5 thumbs and 6 entries that is the only way I knew to look for your entry. Most people don't get past the thumbs. Nice work so far. I believe that the before and after must be on one map so be sure to stitch them together before your final post. Looking forward to seeing this finished now that I found it !!
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Wow, that looks great!

Have some rep!

Regarding brushes, if those towns are in their own layer, you could probably just copy/paste them into a new file and save it in a brush format.

@ lostatsea Thank you, will put ### LATEST WIP ### before my next images for sure! But I dont understand the before and after image....do I have to post my firts image again saying "Before" and my last saying "After" at my final post? Or do I have do edit my first post with the "Before"? Sorry, langage barrier I still have trouble to properly understand English so I thank you in advance for your time

@Seraphine_Harmonium Thank you for the comments; always nice to see one when we post new work!

Will post new work maybe tonight or tomorrow. Just came back from a trip in New York...it was great! Montreal seems very tiny now!

Wish a good day to every Cartographer's

the before and after thing just means that they want you to combine the two maps into one single image (i.e. one .jpeg).
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gen View Post
    .do I have to post my firts image again saying "Before" and my last saying "After" at my final post? Or do I have do edit my first post with the "Before"? Sorry, langage barrier I still have trouble to properly understand English so I thank you in advance for your time
    Gen,

The "before" and "after" isn't referring to your first and last versions. It means that, as @anomiecoalition says, there should be two maps in one image: One map the way things were "before" some event of your choosing, and another map showing "after" the event. (for instance, if you look at anomiecoalition's entry, the image shows the city "before" it was destroyed by angry Genies and "after" it was destroyed.

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

The challenge ends on or about 15th September.
    Good luck getting that second map done

I hope you get something in place by tomorrow, but even if not please do keep on with this - it is looking very promising.

The Ruins label would look better completely "at sea" - the bit over land gets too mixed with your onshore details.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12