Thread: Fantasy World Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks a bunch guys. The Redrobes guide was especially awesome. I'll start messing around with about 600 dpi and if that seems like too much work maybe drop back to 450 or so. Appreciate all the help.

As far as tileable textures are concerned, the tutorials I looked up on that seem a little too complicated for me. I'll probably have to rely on free premade textures.

But does anyone know how to make the textures blend smoothly one into the other? I found lots of guides on google, but they all have the whole image altered. I only want to blend where the textures meet, and even there only slightly.

As always, any assistance is appreciated, and many thanks,

Anthony

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaegus View Post
    But does anyone know how to make the textures blend smoothly one into the other? I found lots of guides on google, but they all have the whole image altered. I only want to blend where the textures meet, and even there only slightly.
    Was going to try and explain it, instead I decided to make a tutorial for you

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...049#post195049

Any questions feel free to pose them in the other thread as it might help other people who have the same issue.