Thread: Fantasy Novels - Personal Use - General Continent - Detailed Region

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, here's an idea... in rough sketchbook form. There are multiple possibilities for your small region, and the scale is scale-able (I might have gotten carried away). It's situated on a pole (think antarctic ice shelf for the surrounding area), and it stretches nearly to the equator; approximately 2200x5000 mile dimensions (I assumed 16k mile circumference) to give a full range of climates... if that's of interest. Anyhoo... I can create more choices if you'd like. Likely on the computer, which I didn't have access to this evening.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the continent 1.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	788.6 KB 
ID:	48030
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Well, here's an idea... in rough sketchbook form. There are multiple possibilities for your small region, and the scale is scale-able (I might have gotten carried away). It's situated on a pole (think antarctic ice shelf for the surrounding area), and it stretches nearly to the equator; approximately 2200x5000 mile dimensions (I assumed 16k mile circumference) to give a full range of climates... if that's of interest. Anyhoo... I can create more choices if you'd like. Likely on the computer, which I didn't have access to this evening.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the continent 1.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	788.6 KB 
ID:	48030
    Generally I like it, and even with that simple mockup I can think of some decent possibilities. I'd only have one or two minor changes just due to personal style, but overall I like what I see. Would you be willing to email me so we can discuss a few more details? josh.athy at gmail dot com

I was worried that maybe I wasn't clear in my post as to what I wanted, as I received emails from a few interested parties who were a bit confused that I don't have a map or even an idea of what I want it to look like. They were all more than professional, but I think my lack of details was off-putting. I'm not just looking for a cartographer, but also a sort of world builder, terrain-wise. Plus I have little-to-no idea what is involved in making a decent map, so I probably had a few notions that were just plain odd.