Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
Well, here's an idea... in rough sketchbook form. There are multiple possibilities for your small region, and the scale is scale-able (I might have gotten carried away). It's situated on a pole (think antarctic ice shelf for the surrounding area), and it stretches nearly to the equator; approximately 2200x5000 mile dimensions (I assumed 16k mile circumference) to give a full range of climates... if that's of interest. Anyhoo... I can create more choices if you'd like. Likely on the computer, which I didn't have access to this evening.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the continent 1.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	788.6 KB 
ID:	48030
Generally I like it, and even with that simple mockup I can think of some decent possibilities. I'd only have one or two minor changes just due to personal style, but overall I like what I see. Would you be willing to email me so we can discuss a few more details? josh.athy at gmail dot com

I was worried that maybe I wasn't clear in my post as to what I wanted, as I received emails from a few interested parties who were a bit confused that I don't have a map or even an idea of what I want it to look like. They were all more than professional, but I think my lack of details was off-putting. I'm not just looking for a cartographer, but also a sort of world builder, terrain-wise. Plus I have little-to-no idea what is involved in making a decent map, so I probably had a few notions that were just plain odd.