Thread: Messing with base layers, plz help.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I think what it is saying is that if you want to only draw/paint/color within an area already defined on another layer (such as airbrushing some dots over a desert area where you have that desert on its own layer - the term Base Layer usually refers to the layer where the area is actually defined) but want that paint/color on its own layer you do the following steps:

1- go to the layer where the area is defined (select that layer from the layer menu)
    2- Using the magic wand, or if the area is defined by a solid color, the color selector, select the area that you want to paint in (there should be some "marching ants" around the area you want)
    3- select the layer that you want to paint on (you should still see the "marching ants")
    4- With the "marching ants" still showing, paint away....you should not be able to place anything outside those ants.
    5- once you have painted to your hearts content, make sure to deselect the area.

I hope that is clear enough...although it might not be..... :/ ask away if not.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks you Korash, that worked for me.
    Im glad you could understand my question, i almost couldnt explain it lol.
    Thanks again!!