Thread: Foam Carthography

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Those are some really pretty maps! I'll have to come back and look at them all in detail later, but they caught my eye. I love making maps out of real-world textures... had some coffee mug inspiration a bit ago myself, and my Moora Cinthe design actually came from a large rock in the garden, and I have another going that began as chipped paint on concrete. =) Anyhoo, great maps, and have some rep for jumping right in with them, and I look forward to seeing more of your work, and... I'm leaving now. Yes.

LATER: A couple suggestions for the latest map... At this resolution, I can't read the tiniest labels at all; and most of the others might become more legible if you add the slightest bit of glow around their edges so they stand out from the darker areas. You also appear to have drawn a river flowing straight off a continent, along a narrow neck, and straight across a little peninsula into the 'Stormzee'... which might not happen naturally. Other than those personal nitpicks, great work! And thanks for sharing your process =)
    Last edited by Chashio; 09-14-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram