Thread: Hand-draw Tree - 4 Seasons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Those look really great and thanks for adding that glow effect. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we really appreciate the amount of time and effort you put into this stuff.

Hm... Just noticed that there is something going on with the Summer tree in the center right area. It looks like there is a bevel or drop shadow or something on the edges of the leaves.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Link Fixed the summer tree

RP - I fixed the summer tree.

It wasn't a bevel, there are no bevels in this object. If you notice, the leafy canopy is somewhat transparent, allowing you to see the branches beneath, however, I didn't want them to be tranparent all the way to the ground. So I copied the canopy layer and placed a solid white version directly beneath it under the branches. However, on the original canopy, I feathered the edge of the white underpiece. I forgot to do it on the upper canopy - so it was showing past the edge of the upper layer.

Fixed now. I also made a tad bigger, at about 860 pixels wide and 2.2 MB.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silveroak-summer-lg.png 
Views:	2757 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	3582  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-13-2008 at 10:18 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Very nice. Thank you sir!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Post Only because GMA asked...

GM's Apprentice asked if I could provide any hand-drawn map objects for a CSUAC collection of hand-drawn work, so I'm posting my Grizzly Bear, Elk and Raccoon map objects here as well...

Edit: just added a spider, also in the challenge thread...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grizzly.png 
Views:	254 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	3639   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elk.png 
Views:	232 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	3641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spider.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	3647  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-16-2008 at 12:37 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations