Hello again everyone, thanks for welcoming me, and for the positive response to my maps! I get the light/dark issue with the land and sea, I did the first and the fourth maps differently to see which one looked better, but yeah, it does throw you off a bit if you don't know which way round it is.

I'm surprised there's not that many mac users here- I find it great for mapping. Mind you, photoshop is almost identical to the windows version, so I'm sure there will be plenty of people with experience on that. I've tried using GIMP as well on Linux (I have a windows-free household!), but found it hard to get used to once having learnt all the skills in photoshop- It really is a great program once you get to know all the little perks and features. In particular the navigation on it is great- I draw with a mouse, which isn't great, so you really need a good zoom feature that lets you draw close up but still maintaining your overall orientation within the map.

Once again, thanks for the great welcome, I'm really happy I've found this board, it'll be great to learn and share new techniques

cheers
gmtx