Thread: Linux Bash Script: Convert RPG City Map Generator to SVG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh man! I love RPG City Map generator, and I use an autotrace function in Serif Drawplus to transform the raster data into vector. I would LOVE a script that does it all automatically and produces a good vector result, particularly a clean two node line on diagonals. Unfortunately I don't use Linux. :: cries ::

Is there any chance you could make a version which runs on windows or is there some sort of emulator I can use to run your script on windows?

Can you post up sample SVGs of some of your results? I'd love to see how clean the results are.

Have some rep!

Erm...windows version? Not too sure about that..maybe I'll give it a try, just for you.

Can you use cygwin or something like that to run it in windows perhaps? Or maybe use virtualbox? Might be a bit of overkill just to run a scrpt though.

I turned off my main machine for today, but I'll post some svgs here tomorrow. It handles towns of like, 7000 buildings really well (apart from the lakes), which takes about ten minutes on my machine. The results are usually very good if I say so myself.

Hooray! My first rep, thanks a lot!

Here's a fairly large example. The buildings are not outlined, but they are individual objects. The outline is easy to change anyway.

Tell ya what, as I'm in such a good mood, if you post an sgs file here, I'll convert it for you with a colour scheme of your choice...how about that?
    Last edited by GrumblingHive; 09-16-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Here's that example...

Oh, and remember to use inkscape. Illustrator probably won't be able to open this. I'd be interested to know if any other software can manage it though.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GrumblingHive; 09-16-2012 at 06:28 PM.