Thread: Basic Floor Plans for a Modern Setting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Good work with these floorplans. I will just ask: Wouldn't you want some walls made of glass? They are pretty common in offices, specially a research lab. Also, try putting more windows for a design closer to reality. They add some unexpected ways to go in or out, and are necessary for natural lightning. There are more design tips, but studying quickly an office floor plant will give you more insights.
    Again, good work and keep going!

Thanks for the great suggestions Bruno –

The bank is from memory of my own bank. That is pretty much the way it is – perhaps one or two more windows in the office areas could be added.

However, the lab could definitely use a glass wall and some windows in the offices looking out onto the corridors as well as one for the conference room. I like the idea of adding some in the lab area as well.

I forgot some windows for the warehouse for sure – now that you brought it up perhaps some skylights added to the roof plan would be cool. This is an old manufacturing building that was converted so perhaps some of those smaller high up windows that open from the bottom and push out along the outer walls of the first floor.

I will add these and see how they look.

I am using MS Paint which is great for straight lines but can get choppy when creating arcs, circles, and diagonal lines. Still, it is more than sufficient for my gaming needs.

Regards,

Raic