Thread: Pilgrims Progress Map "Rough"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Even in a larger area, the river doesn't necessarily have to be a problem. Consider the Nile--it's relatively straight as it flows across the desert, and has very few tributaries.

I like your hand-drawn style; it's quite elegant. I am torn between the two versions. I like it both ways, so perhaps Rob's idea is worth investigating.

For the border, I'd be inclined to look for a simple geometric pattern: something to make it look framed.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I think your pilgrim map would look great in either of those styles... which I love by the way... I am more partial to the sepia myself.... but rav made a good suggestion about combining the two having the route in color and the rest of the map washed in that sepia look... that would definitely bring a dream aspect to a realistic map...

great handdrawn maps... great pen work as well...

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Map Version 2.0

Well, I have been working on this map on and off over the last year... (more off than on).

Now that I have started getting the hang of the Photoshop method I have been developing I decided to take a shot at using the method on this map and so far I like it... still not too sure about the colors but the general layout works for me. I will need to beef up the resolution and test the method again but before long I hope to put up some tutorials for the mountain and ground painting I am using.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pilgrims_new1..jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	545.7 KB 
ID:	23427

Comments, tips, critiques, and such are always welcome

-RPGMapmaker
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.