Quote Originally Posted by BISHDP View Post
I actually think I will reforge the mountains. At the very least I want to blend them better into the land and redo the western most peak of the northern range. It looks like flat on top due to too much white. I also am considering duplicating this map in a "ancient parchment" look for distribution to the players. Any suggestions on a good tutorial or approach for that? I could also use a better way to do the water.
I like the idea of a player handout but you might want to consider only doing a section of the map at a time. The easiest way to do parchment is with a GIMP plugin that creates the base parchment for you. There are of course other ways to do it as well. Then you could simply threshold your landmasses to a black and white duplicate that layer a couple of times and put it on the base parchment with multiply selected as the layer style. It should look similar to faded ink. You can of course play around with the opacity and other filters to get it to look just how you would like. As for the water I think it looks very good the way it is. I like the subtle division between the deeper water and the shallows. I hope this helped. Keep up the great work.

GIMP Plugin