Quote Originally Posted by BISHDP View Post
I actually think I will reforge the mountains. At the very least I want to blend them better into the land and redo the western most peak of the northern range. It looks like flat on top due to too much white. I also am considering duplicating this map in a "ancient parchment" look for distribution to the players. Any suggestions on a good tutorial or approach for that? I could also use a better way to do the water.
Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
I actually gave you the wrong plugin. (Although the one I did link too is very good as well. HERE is the one that I use. (I've had it for so long I forgot where I originally got it from... ) Also I did a very quick example of a parchment effect for your map. This is just running the parchment plugin taking your map and thresholding it to black and white and then using "select by color" to select all the black and hitting delete to erase it. I then placed this as a new layer onto the parchment base. Hopefully this will give you some idea of how it could look. Of course you can play with layer styles and opacity to get different results.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world project example.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	48565
I agree with JT that RobA's tutorial for generating parchment is a good way to go. As to blending it, A2area has actually discussed this in his phenomenal Israh tutorial. I drew some of the inspiration from my Eriond tutorial from him btw.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh