I worked on this some today while I was thinking about Calan Stonebridge's next encounter I have to say, I've read arsheesh's awesome tutorial before but I've never followed it. I am SO glad I'm doing that now. It is very well written and very easy to follow. I am no expert in land mass or large region creation so it's nice to have something to follow to get me moving. As I said in the first post I will occasionally deviate from arsheesh's tutorial. Here is my first deviation. His method of creating mountains is great. Using his method you have a nearly unlimited selection of mountainous shapes. I did it a little differently. After finishing all the land cloud layers I added a transparent layer named "mountains" and using the free select tool I "drew in" jagged shapes of various lengths. I then filled these with difference clouds with the detail set to 15 and used several different seeds. I then adjusted the contrast and the levels of black vs white until I got something I liked. After that I followed his instruction on blending and sculpting of the land clouds layer. This is where I am now. I'll probably get this into Wilbur tonight and make any necessary adjustments. But for now I think I hear Calan calling me.... As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Kingdom of Aetrina Stage 1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	418.8 KB 
ID:	48732