I'm trying to make a set of symbols for reuse - I'll have redo the doors. While I like the swing-look, after looking through the donjon dungeon builder, I realized I could do something different. Maybe I've made the base size of the symbols too small, but they are only vectors after all. As I've said, a major requirement for me, as a DM, is that the map is something I can whip up fast & that leaves it easy to scratch and write in new stuff.

I'm actually running a variant of microlite20 (yes, that's a nice link!), which takes the D&D rules and strips them down to the simplest level. Basically it's a retroclone with some modifications of my own ... I've found that I really like the power curve from levels 3 to 7 in most variants of D&D, so the game sort of follows those. It's also packed with some silliness (a bit like munchkin), a lot of random tables and some other stuff. At present I'm codifying version 4 of the rule-set - there aren't that many rules, actually. A system for fast, random character generation; a separate magic system and - the best bit - the horrible stuff tables, which cover what happens to careless adventurers. Mostly, you can just drop in any 1st to 3rd edition creature with only minor tweaks & by paying attention to things like hp, AC and to-hit bonuses (or thac0, if you insist).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Catatombs_Catatomb 1.png 
Views:	414 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	48743

I've tried another small one ... I'm going to print it out later and see how well it works. I might have the scale wrong.