Thread: Handdrawn maps project: Westeros

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks everyone for your kind words and comments!

@Lukc: I didn't think about it, no... but I think, for this project at least, that I prefer having a 100% completely hand-drawn map, and no tinkering with the computer. But that's a good idea for future, and more digitally-oriented projects.

@Lalaithion: Yes indeed... Where do you think I picked this style?

As for the update, I drew the coasts and labels for Skagos, I hope to finish the map soon... But the elements left are mountains and forests, not the easiest and quickest things to draw...

Hello everyone,

it took time, but it is finally done... I present to you, the map of the Bay of Seals. It should roughly overlap with the first map, "Beyond the Wall".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BayofSeals.jpeg 
Views:	2680 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	51312

The next step will most likely be the Bay of Ice (yes, I'm into bays these times...), but I think I'll do some other projects in the mean time: I'm preparing an Ars Magica campaign, and that means of course a few maps... I already posted a map here, but I'm bound to draw it again (I did some more research, and there are some errors and missing elements...), and add a few other maps. So don't worry if the next one takes some time to come.

Thanks to - Max - for the rep, it gave me the little nudge necessary to finish this map...

As always, feel free to comment and give some advice!
    Last edited by Eochaid; 01-17-2013 at 01:39 PM.