Thread: Practice Map - Arabesque city

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Your river is behaving a bit strangely... It would have to be in a marsh-like area, or possibly be a dammed river that formed into a artificial lake for these shapes to form.
    This cavern is below all, and is the foe of all. It is hatred, without exception. This cavern knows no philosophers; its dagger has never cut a pen. Its blackness has no connection with the sublime blackness of the inkstand. Never have the fingers of night which contract beneath this stifling ceiling, turned the leaves of a book nor unfolded a newspaper.

I really like this map, it conveys a nice feeling of depth for the varying building and terrain heights. I also like the way the street width varies so certain areas have a feeling of closeness reminiscent of the chase scenes through bazaars in Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Bourne Ultimatum. As a GM I'd find that very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaithion View Post
    Your river is behaving a bit strangely... It would have to be in a marsh-like area, or possibly be a dammed river that formed into a artificial lake for these shapes to form.
    Perhaps the river's odd shape could be the result of some sort of cataclysm of supernatural origin. Maybe this was once a lush wetland until a conflict between some great powers reduced it to desert somehow?