Thread: Magnimar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really like the idea (and the name) Is the club built into a cavern or just into the side of the cliff? The way you have it now makes it look like it is in a cavern. (which is fine) The dance floor looks more like a pedestal because of the shadowing also I think you could get away with just the first step of that to show that it is a dance floor. These kinds of maps can really benefit from lighting. A "gawdy" club would be well lit at the bar and less so on the dance floor. These kinds of lighting effects are easy to create using different layers. Also although I can understand the use of the natural stone it is a little "cold" a fancy club might well lay some fancier tiles on the floor. All in all it's very nice and looks like a fun place to have a drink (and get into trouble) The Inn is nice as well. You could try to shadow the walls a bit to get them a sense of depth. Overall they are all good and look like a fun place to play a few sessions
    Last edited by jtougas; 10-06-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.