Thread: Parks and Trails of LaSalle County Project Idea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In trying to think of ways of adding content to this book, as a stretch goal, beyond my initial intended composition.

I was thinking of including the communities along the Heritage Corridor with articles relating to past and present, as well as including plat maps of those same communities from an 1876 Plat Book of LaSalle County which I have access. By age, the maps are definitely in the public domain, along with illustrations of various farms from the period as well. Reprinting those maps and illustrations would fit the concept of the overall project.

In addition I wanted to add a few pages dedicated to the cryptozoology of LaSalle County. South of the Illinois River in Seneca, IL (furthest eastern edge of the county) along Dupont Road there have been at least 2 sitings of a 'bigfoot' creature in 1979 and 1983 called the Dupont Monster. Also multiple sitings throughout northern Illinois including communities of this region have been reported of black panthers or black coated puma - such sitings have been noted here for over 100 years. There is even an unreported claim of a giant vulture witnessed in Marseilles - with a claimed wing span of over 20 feet, if it's to be believed.

While not cryptzoology, per se, the first recorded incident of spontaneous human combustion occurred in Ottawa (my hometown) in 1888.

I'm trying to find a way to justify an extended goal of added content for $10,000 (from the basic $4000 goal of the Kickstarter).

My real purpose for acquiring $10,000 is for the purchase of a UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) similar to those used by the military with a high resolution camera to allow me to take top-down and isometric panned camera shots for use in this and other similar projects for better resource photography, instead of relying on existing topographical maps, and satellite views as from Google Maps. The remote control plane, laptop and software would run me about $6,000. While I can certainly create the maps without the UAV, it would greatly enhance the resource material for this and provide a great tool for future projects like this one.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-02-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations