Thread: Wolves Fall Castle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Chief architect Maran Lolln wished once again that he had been allowed to build this castle bigger. He had argued with the king at some length about the design and the need for more room inside the walls. He of course had lost that argument and some measure of face with the king as well. There were so many things that needed to be built inside the walls of the castle. A huge stables complex capable of boarding and supporting a hundred horses. A barracks that could house at least that many men plus support staff such as cooks and healers and stable hands. There would be need for a blacksmith to forge horseshoes and swords and any of a hundred other metal items the castle would need. There would need to be a armory where weapons and armor could be stored and repaired. A Bowery was needed to supply the archers with arrows and repair bows. There would need to be kitchens to feed all of the castle's inhabitants. So many things so little space. Once again Lolln wished he had not been so eager for this assignment.....

Quote Originally Posted by anomiecoalition View Post
    This is looking really nice, can't wait to see it all populated.
    Thanks. Me too !!

Today's update: The layout for all of this is giving me a headache but I think I'm getting it now. I've added the stables and blacksmith and barracks buildings with more to come. I also changed my grass texture a bit although I'm not 100% sure about it yet. The labels are only for illustrative purposes so people can see what building is what. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf's Fall Castle.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	3.48 MB 
ID:	49291
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    The layout for all of this is giving me a headache but I think I'm getting it now. I've added the stables and blacksmith and barracks buildings with more to come. I also changed my grass texture a bit although I'm not 100% sure about it yet. The labels are only for illustrative purposes so people can see what building is what. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.
    If you have a vision then go with it.
    If you are searching for ideas, I offer this sketch ..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle-SKETCH.jpg 
Views:	699 
Size:	486.8 KB 
ID:	49297

Enter lower court and stables at level one.
    Barracks above stables at level two.
    Great stair from lower court to Great hall (level three).
    one side of great hall is craftsman's courtyard and shops (level three) with craftsman housing above (level four).
    other side of the great hall is the family court with courtier housing around it on levels three and four.
    the corner towers would reach to level 5 and may provide access to all the other levels.

Just an idea for fitting ten pounds of castle in a five pound box.