Neither the "official" districting nor this one really jive with the way I navigate Wichita. There isn't much in "Southwest Wichita" other than the airport. Sure, there are some housing developments and Pawnee Prairie Park, but if someone wants to talk about that area, they just say "near the airport." Likewise with the south east: it's dominated by McConnell, and most of the businesses and housing in that area directly support the base. Really, I think of the Interstates more as arteries and less as boundaries. The areas to either side tend to be similar to one another unless there's another feature alongside that creates a more definite division, such as the Big Ditch.

That said, I lived my first 30 years in Wichita, but I think the only neighborhoods I could identify would be Riverside, Westlink, Delano, College Hill, Oaklawn, Eastborough, and McCormick. And the only reason that last one's on there is because I bought a house there and learned way more than I ever needed to know about the neighborhood as a result.

The experience of navigating the city may be different depending on where you've lived. I spent most of my life on the west side, near 13th and Maize, before moving to Riverside. My perception of the city was always a bit different than my friend, who lived her entire life in the South High School district. Come to think of it, I may not be the best source for how to look at the city, since every time I draw a map of it, I put east at the top.

I am a bit surprised that you don't call out Haysville and Derby as strongly as you do Maize and Goddard. Actually, Goddard's far enough out that I don't think many people would confuse it with being part of the city, it's enormous school district notwithstanding.