Thread: Pacata Viator- Peaceful Traveller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think it is one of the best maps I have done so far, though there are aspects of it that I do not like even though I made the call to use them and of course I am always learning and refining the way i do things to try to make them better. as for the glow im not sure if you are talking about the lighter shade of blue for the Sea which was intended as showing different depth or if its about the very light brown border to the continents. either way I think i shall take your advice there and tone it down or at least do less of (if any at all) of it. there are other portions to it that I could have added in such as the political borders(for many countries that are not named or even well thought out) but I felt those were not really necessary at the time.

P.S wow i was in the process of typing this while everyone else was typing theirs. I actually added in lots of rivers but the size of the map here basically makes a lot of them completely invisible, lakes and mountains are the only defining features I kinda know how to do(at the moment anyways, Im sure I will find ways to do the others) of course lakes are kinda lacking so I should keep that in mind with my next one. I really do appreciate the critique its the only way to encourage artistic progress.
    Last edited by Dawningwhispers; 10-25-2012 at 05:51 PM.