Thread: The Woods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected ForestChild's Avatar

Map The Woods

I am a lifelong 23 year resident of Wichita, KS. And right down the road from my house, has sat a large park called Pawnee Prairie Park, known to acquainted locals as "The Woods" . It is an immense 2 mile long section of forest, with 8 miles of trails, and otherworldly delights.

I have been going there literally everyday of my life for roughly 14 years. I have seen and heard everything, including even living within the woods (illegal) for 3 months at one point.

This is a collection of numerous eye witness interviews.

Most people, say the average family who comes to the park on a nice day, are/is largely unaware of this information.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Woods.PNG 
Views:	321 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	49247

I read every word and honestly don't know how I feel about this.
    It sure is different.

I too read the whole thing and found myself laughing from the way it is explained and wondering if it is true. It sounds like it could be part of the Blair Witch project. Does anything exciting happen there on Halloween? The man with the orange beard is funny and creepy at the same time.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty cool. Talk about "telling a story" with a map. It's amazing of some of the stuff that is in our own backyards that can rival the fantasy stuff in our heads.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.