Thread: What do I need?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Could you be a bit more specific as to what you want to do? (I'm assuming you want to start making maps) The mapping software guide is a good place to start to find out what kind of software is right for you. After that take a look at the tutorial section of the forum there are a lot of great tutorials that will help you get started.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Apprentice

well thank you for that incredibly unhelpful reply. That is sure to help someone who is scared, confused, and intimidated by his own goals.

this is the map I made

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ic-d5ivryt.png

it is confusing, cluttered, and generic. . . I am trying to build a map for my martian historical drama. I have no artistic experience . . . as I am a writer (althought this is not my first map failure)

I just want to make it a good map . . . try to think of it like a fantasy map, it hsould be like any other fantasy world map (even though it is not a fantasy, just medieval)