Thread: Nentir Vale Map - Pete Fenlon Style - First crack at CC3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'll add some more rep of my own, just 'cause I'm crazy for Fenlon's maps, and this is a pretty good facsimile. Which MERP books did you write? I have a pretty good collection of them, and one of these days I'm going to get around to framing that poster map that was in the 1st edition boxed set. It's not in great condition, but it sure has some memories attached to it.

The tiling in the swamp doesn't bother me much because there are no really salient features that draw they eye to it. The forests are a bit different, though, since there are many very obvious horizontal and vertical lines. If this were my map, I'd very likely bring it into Photoshop for some touch-up, but it's possible that there are some things you could do within CC3 to fix those. It might take quite a lot of time, though. I haven't used CC3 in a while, so I can't really say much more than that. If NeonKnight is still around, he may pop in with some advice.

edit: I take it back. When I zoomed out, the swamp texture tiling became much more obvious. Many CC3 users recommend not using the symbol fill function, instead placing symbols by hand. It takes longer, obviously, but you seldom have tiling issues. I don't know if that texture is available broken out as symbols, but even if it isn't, you could probably convert it.
    Last edited by Midgardsormr; 10-28-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name