Thread: Nentir Vale Map - Pete Fenlon Style - First crack at CC3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am always impressed with people that can use CC3 to make such lovely maps. I could never get a good handle on the software. This is very good and I enjoyed roving over the larger version taking in all the details. Have some rep
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Lyandra View Post
    A beautiful map and great use of CC3. I really like how you've managed the terrain. All features look very natural. I especially like the rivers and how you can look at the map and know at first glance that it is a valley - what I mean is that you have managed changes in the hight of the terrain very well. What bothers me is the tiling of some of the textures, visible especially in the Witchlight Fens and forests, but I guess it is a shortcoming of CC3, one that is not easily overcome... Overall a great map. I am really looking forward to seeing what lies beyond the Nentir Vale. Welcome to the Guild!
    Thanks for the feedback. The swamp texture is my least favourite in terms of how this map came out. There is also some tiling in the forests which as you say is one drawback to working with cc3... But it's a small shortcoming. I suppose I could use a blur or clone tool to reduce the tiling appearance, especially in the forests, which is where I noticed it the most. Thanks for the reputation from both of you. Didn't expect that on my first outing